Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Yikes

Reader Warning: not my usual chatty optimistic self. Kinda a downer of a post. Tune in soon for Cheerful Me. Today I can't muster the energy.

26 days to get into shape. Hurt my back earlier this week, and am back down to 1km a day, and that's walking, folks, not running. Have decided I'm doing the race come hell or high water, but that I'm wakling the whole thing. I may run the last ten steps if I'm feeling perky.

Marking is less than fun. Principals from other schools are wandering all around, making my life jumpy, since I'm having a seriously incompetent day. I'm having a "wife tells you to check your pants pocket for your keys after you spend almost 15 minutes turning the house upside down for them, bought milk on the way to school but it was sour, long meeting after school, TV to show class movie on is broken kinda day. so, of course, what I need is principals wandering in to watch me be incompetent. Made worse by the fact I sincerely respect my own principal, and want him to look good.

Knitting is coming along slowly. About 15% through a baby blanket. Seems like everyone in the entire universe is pregnant except me. Trying desperately not to feel crappy and paranoid and depressed about this fact. Failing.

So, yeah. Sorry to burden you folks. Kudos to those who read this far.

D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs from across the pond. Some days just suck. The good news is that all phases end. Hopefully this one will end sooner...- Sara glbt-knit.com/saras

1:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing.
Since I am an eternal optomist, I have to point out that it could be worse (barely). You could be pregnant and still having to run the race.

s

5:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be a lot of that kind of day going around. If mine keeps going the way it has I'll sell you my kids, cheap. It will pass. Meanwhile we will be here, virtually listening.

6:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!!!!

You got the Harlot to comment on your blog ... WOW.

I'm jealous.

9:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home