Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Too Stressed to Breathe

Sorry folks,

Due to immense and brutal amounts of yearbook stress, deadlines that are already missed and rapidly approaching the "We can't print your book" stage, and general life nastiness, I do not have the time to give you all a proper blogging.

To get an idea of what's going on Chez Orris, tuck the wailing of 300 graduating high school students; the firm voice of a very nice principal who is just concerned; the voices of a dozen teachers who "don't see what the problem is" with submitting four team pictures each, three weeks AFTER publish date, without so much as a team title or member name attached, and a camera that isn't always up to par.

Add a liberal dose of parent teacher interviews (yes, I swear, the teachers hate them more than you do.) and oh yeah, some marking, and then mix liberally with a strong shot of real life.

Did I mention I want to run a 5 km race in a month and a half? Well, I can WALK it right now. I wish I had time. I wish I had about 4 months of total do-nothingness.
Instead...well...I have the best wife in the world, and a blogiverse to rant into.

Thank you for listening, somehow you made it better.

Orris

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. This is the lot of a teacher. Know it well. I loved parent-teacher evenings too :) Hugs.

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Michele said...

Hi Diana,

I am totally feeling your pain with you right now. I'm on spring break at the moment so actually have a little time to breathe.

Sending you patience and calm over the bandwidth.

Thanks for your kind messages when I was in teacher purgatory.

Take good care and be sure to give your wife a big hug, for both your sakes!

9:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh. I agree with Nancy that you should do the race anyway. And think of how much stress that will get rid of, in an instant!

Always love a good rant now and then. Makes my life seem better, somehow.

Chin up, and curl up on the sofa one night with the wife, tea, and a good movie. Turn off the phones, and no answering any outside contact. It'll do a world of good.

10:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home